Last updated: December 31, 2019
Whenever we use the words “our website,” or “Services,” we are referring to www.bearspringshotel.com and our mobile application.
Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Residential street address or postal address
- Email address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Government issued identification number
- Phone number
- Financial information including credit card number, debit card number, bank account or other financial institution account number
- Club Serrano membership
- Details about devices used to access our website or mobile application such as IP address, browser information, device information, cookies, mobile advertising IDs, HTML5 localStorage and similar technologies. This is discussed further below.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us
- When you sign up and create an account
- When you sign up to receive emails, special promotions, offers, event information, the Bear Springs Hotel Newsletter, or other communications (e.g., social media sites)
- When you use our website or mobile app
- From third parties for our business purposes
- When you make purchases
- When you communicate with us
- When you consent to receive text messages, we collect your mobile telephone number, in order to send you the text messages; you will also have the option to stop receiving text messages
- When you contact us offline or submit information to us offline
- When you apply for a job with us
- When you provide it through our website or mobile app
- Directly from you, at your direction or with your consent
- In connection with your use of the Services (e.g., via our website and devices you connect to the Services)
- From our service providers, partners, and third parties, such as those discussed in the “How We Use Your Information” and “How We Share Your Information” sections below
- From other platforms that you may use to engage with us
- Automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our website and app
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third party information to confirm contact information.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide Your Personal Information To Us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request or require in connection with our Services or our business functions and activities, we may not be able to provide our Services to you, or be able to respond to an enquiry or a complaint or be able to assist you in other ways. For example, we also may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to operate our Services. We also collect, hold, use and disclose the information to:
- Communicate with you about our Services
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research for our business purposes
- Respond to requests, questions and comments
- Provide you with our newsletters, articles, announcements, invitations and other information about Services
- Based on your consent to receive e-mails, messages, notifications or phone calls, we will send you communications about our Services, including providing you personalized advertisements that identify products, services, games, or events that we think may be of interest to you based on your browsing navigation when you visit our website
- Enable you to connect with third parties or use third party sharing functionality such as third party social media widgets/tools/buttons
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our policies (e,g., to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests)
We may also aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- Within our company, our branded subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other companies in the United States under our common control (collectively, “Affiliates”)
- With service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, including for the purposes of operating our website and apps, assisting us to perform business functions and operations, and for fulfilling requests by you. Those service providers include web hosting providers, app hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- With other parties for our marketing purposes
- With your consent and at your direction
- When you voluntarily provide content for the purpose of it being shared with other users
We may also disclose personal information in order to assist with or otherwise enable our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend our rights or property, and protect the safety of our users or the public.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our website and apps by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, HTML5 localStorage, and other technologies. We may also collect information about online activities over time and across third party website.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- URLs that refer users to our website
- Search terms used to reach our website
- Details about the devices that are used to access our website (such as IP address, browser type, operating system information, geolocation, and mobile device information)
- Details about users’ interaction with our website (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, and specific pages accessed during the visits)
Web browsers may offer users of our website the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our website may not function correctly. To support and enhance our Services, we may serve advertisements through our Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us, based on your Services usage patterns, or based on your online activities. We do not provide personal information to any ad networks for use other than in connection with our Services.
You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you online behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser. To learn more about ad networks and to adjust your preferences you may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative: https://www.networkadvertising.org understanding-online-advertising.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Collection, Storage, and Use in the United States
Our website and mobile app services are operated from within the United States, and by submitting your Personal Information to us, either through our website, mobile app, or by other means, you consent to the transfer, collection, usage, storage, and processing of your Personal Information in the United States as outlined in this Policy.
Please note that your Personal Information may be used by us in the country where it was collected, as well as in the United States, where laws regarding the use of Personal Information may be less strict than the laws in your country.
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Content Submitted by You
Some features of the Services allow you to post content on our website, app or social media pages, such as photos. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties.
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you opt to exercise your privacy rights, we are required by law to verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access of your data. This may require us to ask you certain questions to confirm your identity or require you to provide state-issued identification. Requests to exercise these rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject your request and notify you of the reasons we are unable to honor your request.
Deletion of Information: You may request that we delete your personal information. Depending on the scope of your request, we may refrain from granting your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, we may be legally required to retain your information in our business records. You may submit a deletion request using the methods provided below.
Opt-out of “Sale” and Certain Sharing Practices: You have a right to opt-out of certain data sharing practices with third parties who do not act as our service providers. This is limited to information we “sell” to these third parties. “Sell” in this case does not mean providing data in exchange for money—we do not do that. “Sell” instead means the disclosure of data, including technical device or cookie data that doesn’t identify you directly, when a third party such an ad-network might use that data for its own purposes, such as for personalized advertising. In order for you or your authorized agent to exercise this right, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page.
No Opt-In for Minors: We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose data belonging to individuals younger than 18 years of age.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you, in terms of price or Services that we offer, if you submit one of the requests listed above.
You may use an authorized agent on your behalf to exercise a privacy right discussed above. If you are an authorized agent acting on behalf of a consumer to communicate with us or to exercise a privacy right discussed above, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite authorization to act on behalf of the resident and have sufficient access to their laptop, desktop, or mobile device to exercise these rights digitally. If you are an authorized agent trying to exercise rights on behalf of Bear Springs user, please contact us at the contact information below with supporting verification information, which includes, at a minimum, a valid Power of Attorney in the state in which you reside, proof that you have access to the consumer’s interface, and proof of your own identify.
To Exercise Rights (other than Opt Out of Sale).
27959 Highland Avenue
Highland, CA 92346
California Shine the Light:
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like information identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties, please submit a written request to us using the contact details below.
27959 Highland Avenue
Highland, CA 92346