Last updated: July 6, 2023
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Hakwaanain, LLC, dba Bear Springs Hotel (“Bear Springs Hotel”), an instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, a federally-recognized sovereign tribe, processes the Personal Information of job applicants. This Notice applies to Personal Information we collect on all of our careers websites that include a link to this Notice, including bearspringshotel.com/careers, and to the Personal Information we collect when you provide us with your application in person (together, the “Careers Sites”).
This Notice describes the types of Personal Information we collect on our Careers Sites, how we may use that information, with whom we may share it, your choices and rights you have regarding our use of your Personal Information, and how you can assert your rights.
The term “Personal Information” in this Notice refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. This includes information that you provide to us, information that is collected about you automatically, and information we obtain about you from third parties. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with you.
If you have any questions or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us via the methods identified in the “Contact Us” section below.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number.
- Protected classifications, including gender, age, ethnic background, veteran status, and disability status.
- Internet activity information, including IP address and the job postings you view.
- Professional or employment-related information, including such information as your work history, skills, professional certifications, languages, and other information you provide on your resume/CV.
- Education information, including such information as the college(s) you attended, the degrees you have obtained, and your field of study.
- We do not process any sensitive personal information to infer characteristics about you unless you have consented to such processing. When we process your personal information, we do not make any decisions, that would have a significant impact on you, solely on the basis of automated processing (where a decision is taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement).
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your Personal Information in the following ways:
Personal Information You Provide to Us
During the application, recruitment, and onboarding process, we may collect, store, and process the above categories of Personal Information directly from you when you submit them directly to us as part of a job application, when you share information about job postings with others, or when you sign up for a networking event.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources
From Public Information: We may also collect your Personal Information from your referees to complement the Personal Information you have provided. We use this information for the purpose of evaluating and verifying your experience and qualifications in relation to specific job requirements. We do so to take pre- contractual steps at your request. If we request references, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their Personal Information.
From Background Screening Process: In some jurisdiction where legally permitted, we may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, such as employment agencies, former employers, and personal and professional references, or public sources to conduct lawful background screenings, to the extent permitted by law. We will provide you with acknowledgement and authorization forms accordingly.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
Like many companies, we may use “cookies” on the Careers Site to obtain certain information by automated means, such as the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our Careers Sites to our visitors.
3. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect, process, store, maintain, and transfer your Personal Information as we determine reasonably necessary in order to perform our recruitment process. Your Personal Information is used in the recruitment process for purposes such as:
- Determining your qualifications, skills, and background for a particular position;
- Determining your right to work;
- Conducting background checks and similar inquiries in compliance with applicable laws, and to otherwise comply with all applicable laws;
- Communicating with you during the recruitment process;
- Carrying out functions in relation to your future employment;
- Managing and improving our recruitment process;
- Understanding, promoting, and assisting in ensuring that our recruitment process is diverse and inclusive; and
- Communicating with you about other job opportunities and networking events (in such cases, we shall never use any sensitive Personal Information).
Processing your Personal Information may also be necessary in order to allow us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
If you wish to obtain more information about any of the above-listed purposes, please contact April.Tumakay@bearspringshotel.com.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Between Affiliated Entities
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed among our various affiliated entities for the purposes set out in this Notice.
· To Third-Party Service Providers
- In the course of our recruitment activities, we may make certain Personal Information available to third parties who provide services to us to support those activities. We will only do so where such a transfer is necessary, and in accordance with applicable data protection rules. In such instances, your Personal Information may be made available to the following types of service providers:
- Companies that provide or help to operate our applicant database;
- Companies that help manage candidates’ recruitment life cycle via cloud-based recruitment software solutions (known as applicant tracking systems).
5. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights with respect to your Personal Information. They are as follows:
- Right to Know/Access. You have the right to obtain a copy, or a list of categories of the Personal Information that we hold about you, as well as other supplementary information, such as the purposes of processing, and the entities to whom we disclose your Personal Information.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct any of your Personal Information in our records and systems. You may request us to rectify, correct or update any of your Personal Information held by us that is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we hold about you. This right is not absolute, and we may refuse such a request if there are compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your Personal information, for legitimate purposes, or as required by law. In addition, in the event your deletion request is honored, we may retain a record of your deletion as required under applicable law.
- Right to Opt-Out Sale. You have the right to opt-out of sale of your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. To the extent your sensitive Personal Information is used to infer characteristics about you, you may have the right to object to our processing of your sensitive Personal Information. We do not process any sensitive Personal Information to infer characteristics about you unless you have consented to such processing.
- Right to Opt-Out of Automated Decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision which significantly impact your rights that is based solely on automated processing (where a decision is taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement). No decision will be made by us about you solely on the basis of automated decision making which has a significant impact on you.
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
Exercising Your Rights
Unless specified above, you may exercise these rights by submitting a request on our website or emailing us at: April.Tumakay@bearspringshotel.com with the subject “Job Applicant Rights Request.” In addition, you may submit a written rights request via mail at: April.Tumakay@bearspringshotel.com. When you submit a rights request, before honoring such a request, we may take additional steps as necessary and/or as required by applicable law to verify your identity.
You may authorize someone to act as your agent and submit a request on your behalf. You must supply your agent with written permission to act on your behalf, and your agent must provide proof of such authorization before we act upon the request. If you are submitting a request to access or delete through an authorized agent, you must verify your identity directly with us as described above, unless your authorized agent is acting pursuant to a power of attorney under applicable law.
We will keep your Personal Information in your personnel file, if you have been hired, for a period as may be required by the laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdiction of your employment, but no more than four (4) years from the date your employment terminates. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Information for a period of up to four (4) years from the date we make an employment decision regarding your job application, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. Our service providers will retain your Personal Information solely in accordance with our instructions and will not retain your Personal Information longer than the periods mentioned above. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if required by law or if the Personal Information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
The Careers Site and its content are not directed at minors under the age of 18. If you are not yet legally an adult (under 18), please use this Careers Site only after obtaining permission from your parent or legal guardian.
We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about visitors under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users. In the event that we learn of having collected Personal Information from a minor under age 18 without verification of parental consent, that information will be deleted as soon as practical.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Careers Sites may contain links to other third-party websites for your convenience and information, or you may have been directed to the Careers Sites from a third-party website(s). These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. These sites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly recommend you review if you visit any such websites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those sites, or the privacy practices of those sites.
9. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our Personal Information practices or relevant laws. We will post a prominent notice on the site and/or send you an email to notify you of any significant changes to our Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was updated.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, please contact us as indicated below:
April Tumakay, 27959 Highland Ave, Highland, CA 92346, April.Tumakay@bearspringshotel.com.